How to care for anthurium
Proper care for an anthurium plan is easy to do, but it remains the diva among houseplants. She does not like to be ignored. In exchange for a little care, the anthurium returns a lot of pleasure. It blooms all year, so give the attention it deserves!
- An Exciting anthurium thrives best at room temperature, around 20 degrees (not below 16 °C).
- It's best to put down the pot plant in a bright place. Avoid direct sunlight, however.
- Give the plant twice a week approximately 250 ml of lukewarm water and make sure the soil stays moist (brown), but not too wet (black). In the case of too wet conditions, the leaves turn yellow.
- You can add plant food once a month. This is available from your florist or garden center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What to do when a plant with yellow leaves or brown flowers?
- They can be cutted just above the ground, please note that the young shoots are not damaged.
- Should a Exciting anthurium be repotted?
- In general, this is not necessary. You can consider repotting if the plant increased twice the size from the moment you bought the plant.
- Can I put an anthurium outside?
- No, it's better to keep it inside throughout the year.
- What can I do to get flowers again?
- The best solution is to put the plant in a bright spot, but not in full sun. The plant will first create a leaf, and then creates a new flower.
Trends and inspiration
The Exciting anthurium gives a lot of color in your interior and there are various colors, so there is always one suitable for you.